Background

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A day of last minute changes

Today was our Trunk or Treat and I had big plans... BIG PLANS! But the world had different plans for me. I was not as crafty as I wanted to be today but I had to think on my feet because of some blunders I made on my quest to make our Halloween costumes.

First we woke up this morning and our Truck would not start so we were down to one car. That meant we had to combine all of our errands together instead of dividing an conquering. First stop was the church to put up the Fall Festival sign since the weather did not permit me to put it up earlier this week.
Nothing too crafty about the sign but it was all from great bargain finds at Walmart and Dollar Tree. I laminated everything so I will have it for next year. Oh and those pumpkin garbage bags are filled with old church bulletins since we did not have any leaves.

After some errands in town I ran home to finish mine and Jacob's costumes. There were several mishaps but this is the finished product. We are bakers and Reese is a cupcake. We got her costume on sale at Babies R Us.

This is my apron I made with iron ons from Hobby Lobby and a red pom pom hot glued on top for the  cherry. Jacob's was supposed to have a cupcake too but I did his first and misread the directions and this is what happened:

If you can't tell this is a cupcake ironed on to my kitchen towel. The instructions said to place the transfer with adhesive (image) side down which I guess I misunderstood because when I pulled the iron up the cupcake was on the towel. So not having a lot of time I had to think about what I was going to do for Jacob's apron and this is what I came up with:

I took some fabric I had and made them in the shape of candy then I hot glued them on. I thought they ended up pretty cute. I think I would like to possibly make a onesie for Reese like this but cleaned up. These were very last minute.

My other big plan was to make our trunk look like a sweet shop with bonbons and suckers made out of tissue paper. Unfortunately there was no time for that so I used some of the extra cut outs I had from the sign and hung them on the car. This is how it turned out:
The picture is blurry but you get the idea. Hopefully next year I will be able to do more crafts but I am just glad to have gotten there in one piece. All in all it was a good night.

1 comment:

  1. The aprons are SO cute! I never would've had any idea it was a last minute fix!

    ReplyDelete