Background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cloth flower headband

So I finally have the chance to post about the new headbands I made for my daughter and nieces. They turned out really well and I can not wait to do some more in different colors.

I started out with some precut fabric swatches, a fold over elastic headband, and a button cover kit from hobby lobby. I also had coordinating thread and my handy dandy sewing kit. To trace the circles I used some bare mineral make-up containers.

First I traced seven circles.

I cut my circles out.

I folded my circles in half and then in half again.

I attached six of the folded circles to the seventh circle.

This is four circles attached. You could stop here but I added two more overlapping the edges to give the flower more depth.

Then I took an extra piece of fabric and followed the directions on the button cover kit from Hobby Lobby.





Very simple. I am addicted to making my own buttons now.

I attached the button to the flower.

I made three flowers. There are two small ones and one medium flower. I am also using a crocheted flower I bought in a pack at Hobby Lobby. (crocheting is for a later quest.)

I used the crocheted flower as a base to attach my three flowers so they would not be flimsy.

Then I attached the crocheted flower onto the fold over elastic band.

I attached another crocheted flower to the back of the band to hide my ugly stitches. (and trust me they were ugly)

And here is the final product! Quest completed!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this post, but that headband is adorable! R looks very pleased about it.

    ReplyDelete